Wednesday, January 26, 2011

He's Here!


This might be riddled with typos because as I write it my little man is laying cuddled up on my chest.

He came via C-Section this morning at 8:03am. He as 8lbs 9oz, 21.75 in long. Not as big as the growth scan, which is what I expected, but the Doc made it a point to tell me that if he had gone overdue like L he would have easily weighed in at 10lbs. Though his feet are massive. :)

I really struggled yesterday with my fears of the C-section. A lot of crying and bitchiness (sorry M). This morning was rough because we went in to kiss L and she cried. Then I was doing ok, until they started to take me away at which point I started to freak out again. But honestly the actual section went great. Very quick. I think the whole thing took less than an hour from start to finish.

I am breastfeeding and he seems to have taken to it with no problems. Latching like a pro. Though I worry that he is not eating enough. But that is a normal worry. Love, love, love this little man. It is amazing that you can love someone so much in such a short period of time.

I have been up walking the halls, the nurse keeps telling me that I am doing incredible. My pain really isn't too bad at this point. So I am taking advantage. I really want to go home on Friday. I know the more I am moving the sooner I get to go home.

I told you in my last post that my dear friend, we will call her CO, was coming to help with G (Baby), well L has been super excited about that. So when she gets here this afternoon, she is staring at the baby and cooing and M asked her "are you excited your brother is here?" She turns towards CO and says "I am excited to see CO." It was so funny because everyone had been so excited to see L's reaction and she acted completely non-nonchalant. Silly girl.

We are both doing wonderfully. It is all so strange. After all this time and trying so hard he is finally here.

0 comments: